Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Brunch

Bennett's class held a Mother's Day Brunch for all of the moms today.  The teachers tried to get the kids to say how much they love their mom and some other sweet things, but most of the kids sat there frozen and didn't say one word.  Of course Bennett was one of those kids!  After we had circle time and read a story about how much they love mommy we sat down to eat.  While we ate the teachers handed out gifts that our kids made for us.  Bennett was really excited to show me the painting he made and kept telling me about it.  It was such a sweet time with my boy!  After we ate Bennett wanted to play outside on the playground, so we stayed for a little bit so he could play with his friends then I took him to Chick fil A to get him a cookie and get myself something to eat.  The brunch, which was really just mini muffins, did not fill my pregnant belly!!!

Enjoying his cookie!

The painting he made.  He kept telling me the butterfly had 2 eyes.

The birdhouse he painted.

  After we got home and enjoyed our little treat I put Bennett down for a nap.  He called my name as I was walking out of his room and when I turned around he blew me a kiss and said "Love You Mommy"!  MELT MY HEART!!!  I really don't know what I did to deserve being his mom, but I am so grateful that I get to be his mommy!  He is the sweetest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment