Friday, May 18, 2012

Baby Update

I realize I have been horrible in keeping up with anything regarding my pregnancy.  Sorry baby I promise we are so excited for your arrival!!  I am finally getting things together in his nursery and hope to get this finished in the next month.  I keep acting like we have an infinite amount of time before my due date but now that I realize we have about 2 months I am starting to go into panic/nesting mode and want to get things done!!!

I am now going to the doctor every 2 weeks!  That snuck up on me.  I really was shocked when the midwife told me that I needed to start coming that often I thought she was wrong, but no the time has come for me to go every 2 weeks and soon it will be every week.  We realized at my 28 week appointment that baby is transverse, meaning he is laying sideways in my belly.  At 30 weeks he was still the same way.  They aren't too concerned at this point because there is plenty of time for him to turn head down.  My midwife said all babies usually turn on their own by 34 weeks, but they set up an ultrasound for my 36 week appointment to check on him and make sure he is where he needs to be.  If he hasn't turned by then they said they will gently make him turn...sounds like no fun so I am praying he goes on his own.  I am starting to get uncomfortable because he is laying transverse.  When he stretches or kicks me a certain way it is very painful, so I am hoping he turns really soon and makes better use of my belly then he is now!  I am also measuring small because of the way he is laying so they cannot get an accurate measurement to know how he is growing.  So please pray baby turns head down soon!!

Other then the baby being transverse things are good.  I am losing my energy a bit faster now but I really feel good.  I just plan on enjoying my last couple of months with my first baby Bennett and soaking up as much one on one time with him as I can.  I still can't believe soon we will be a family of 4!  Seems surreal but we are excited and can't wait to meet this sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment