Monday, March 5, 2012

No Rest for the Weary

My sweet little Bennett wakes up around 7 every morning and is ready to go!  He wants to eat breakfast and right after he eats he wants to play.  This means I have to be ready to chase him, play cars and trains, or play doh.  If I try to sit down he will come up to me and say "Mommy go, go!! or Come on Mommy!" So I don't get much time to sit and enjoy my coffee in the morning.  Whatever keeps him occupied and happy is what we will play unless it is a school day then we are running around trying to get dressed and out the door.  I am not sleeping all that great at night so I am pretty tired in the morning and keeping up with Bennett all day is taking pretty much every ounce of energy I have.  You would think with how active he keeps me I would be having an easy time keeping the pregnancy weight at a minimum but no the weight is going up and up!

Stacking play doh

Knocking over all the play doh

Such a mess!

This morning he was saying "bye bye" to the garbage truck

This weekend was very busy! Friday night we had horrible storms come through our area causing tornado warning after tornado warning and sirens kept going off.  My dad has a nice finished basement so we decided to drop Bennett off with him so he could sleep safely in their basement.  Jeremy and I came home and camped out on our family room floor so we could easily run and take cover when we heard the sirens go off.  We didn't get much sleep and by 3am things cleared up enough so we finally headed up to our bed to get some sleep.  After we picked up Bennett from my dad's house in the morning we came home and Jeremy started painting Bennett's big boy room.  He got the majority of it done. Yesterday Jeremy's parents came over and his dad helped Jeremy finish painting and hang up some things we had for the room.  It looks really good and I am happy with how it is all coming together.  We have a few more things to get for his room but I am not in too much of a hurry.  I think we are planning on putting him in his new room in May that way we have a little over 2 months to get him transitioned and get the nursery ready for the baby.  With all we have going on I have a feeling July will be here before we know it!  I go later in the week for my 20 week checkup and I am looking forward to seeing the baby on the ultrasound.  I am just praying everything is healthy with our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment