Friday, March 9, 2012

20 weeks!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 20 week checkup and ultrasound.  They did confirm we are having a boy and the baby quickly ensured we saw that he is all boy!  There is no doubt about it!!  He was very active and looked so sweet.  In all my ultrasounds he has had his hands up by his face or forehead and it is so cute.  Luckily we received all good news regarding his health and growth.  He is measuring exactly to my due date right now.

When we had our 20 week ultrasound with Bennett we got some unsettling news and were sent the next day to a high risk doctor.  They thought I had an animo band which would have constricted his growth and a blood clot or calcification on his liver.  That day was not much fun.  We were so excited to find out we were having a boy to only have our excitement taken down a notch with the fear something was wrong with our baby.  We went to high risk to find out there was no amnio band, but there was a spot on his liver they needed to watch and they thought something was wrong with his septum on his heart.  Luckily by 32 weeks I was released because everything turned out to be fine.  It was just nice yesterday to hear only good news about our baby.

After seeing him on the ultrasound I am so much more excited and cannot wait for July to get here so we can meet this little baby and hold him.  We showed Bennett the ultrasound pictures and he kept saying "baby" and then said "baby boy".  I showed him a picture of the baby's foot and Bennett kept showing me his foot.  We still cannot come up with a name for the baby yet, but I am not too worried about it.  I know he will have a name by the time we leave the hospital with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment