Saturday, October 15, 2011

Burt's Pumpkin Patch

We headed up to Burt's Pumpkin Patch for our annual trip as a family today.  Our morning started out super early especially since I got very little sleep last night.  I wanted to sleep but for some reason I just couldn't.  I only slept for about 3 hours, so when my alarm went off at 6 a.m. I wanted to cry!  Luckily I perked up quickly and wasn't phased by my lack of sleep for too long. After we got ready we headed over to my sister's house for breakfast.  Dallon cooked for everyone and it was so yummy!!!  After breakfast we all loaded up to make the long drive up to Burt's.  We got there as soon as it opened which makes the experience so much better because there aren't big crowds.  First thing we did was ride on the hay ride.  After the hay ride we searched through tons of pumpkins and Bennett picked out 3 beautiful ones.

Lots of pumpkins!


Excited to see so many big pumpkins!

Bennett and Ella

The Shirley Fam!

Our Family!  Bennett saw a tractor and got excited!

On the hayride

Bennett went over to see Pop Pop 

Ella checking out all of the pumpkins


So much fun!

This pumpkin is about the size of Bennett

Ella feeding Bennett popcorn

Ryan on the tractor

Ella wanting down from the tractor

Bennett's turn on the tractor

Today was such a fun day with family and the weather could not have been more perfect.  Last year Bennett and Ella were just babies and couldn't even walk, so it was a lot of fun watching Ryan, Ella, and Bennett run around.  I can't wait until next year already!  

No comments:

Post a Comment