Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Cookies!

Bennett and I spent the day yesterday baking cookies for Christmas.  It turned out to be a rainy and gloomy day so it was a great way to pass the time since we were stuck inside.  I am not much of a baker.  I love to cook, but baking is a whole different thing.  Everything has to be exact and it always makes a huge mess, or maybe I am the reason there is a huge mess in the kitchen.  Either way it isn't all that easy of a task for me but it was fun doing this with Bennett.

Before his nap we made the sugar cookie dough.  While he slept I let the dough chill in the fridge until it was time to cut out our cookies.  Bennett was excited when he woke up to start making the cookies.  We cut out all different shapes and baked 5 batches.  If you want a cookie stop by our house because we have a ton!!!!

Waiting to cut out cookies

He was waiting in front of the oven for the cookies to bake

My sweet Walker just hanging out, I can't wait till he can help us next year

After our cookies were out of the oven and cooled, we frosted and decorated them with sprinkles.  This was the most fun part for Bennett.  He got a little crazy with the sprinkles and some cookies were covered in a huge heep of sprinkles so we had to fix a few along the way.  

Decorating the cookies

Sprinkle overload!

Having so much fun!

Sneaking a taste of the frosting

Enjoying a cookie after all of his hard work

It was a fun way to spend the day with my boy.  In the midst of all of the horrible news from Connecticut I am feeling even more blessed and want to take advantage of any opportunity to make memories with my babies.  I am so grateful I was able to spend quality time with my boys and enjoy our time together.  This will definitely become a tradition we will keep up every year.







No comments:

Post a Comment