Sunday, July 24, 2011

6 years

July 23, 2005

Yesterday Jeremy and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary!  I feel like the past 6 years have literally happened in the blink of an eye.  I know 6 years in the grand scheme of things isn't that long but I still can't believe we have already been married for 6 years.  My dad was sweet to take Bennett for us so we could have the entire day to ourselves.  We headed over before lunch to drop him off and Bennett was so cute as soon as we pulled onto my dad's street he said Pop Pop for the first time!  Then he said it a few more times once we were there, such a cutie! Once we got him settled we were off! We enjoyed a nice quiet lunch then Jeremy surprised me with a little shopping trip, he knows just how to make me happy!!!  We had the best day spending quality time together and being able to talk and take our time was so wonderful.  After we finished up shopping we headed back home to get ready for dinner.  We had planned to eat at one restaurant, but Jeremy decided to change those plans and he picked a different restaurant instead and it was fun not knowing exactly what our plans were.  We ended up at Indigo which was so so good!  We sat in the back room where there were only 4 or 5 other tables so we had a great, quiet dinner and just talked.  It is amazing once you have a child how little you actually get to have those really long, good conversations.  Our conversations are usually cut off by a sweet little boy :)  After dinner we went to see Horrible Bosses which was hysterical and that was our night.  Nothing too over the top, but it was such a great day just me and Jeremy. 

This morning we woke up and went to breakfast and I just kept thinking back that we were heading out to Mexico this time 6 years ago and how I wish I was headed there again, but once we went to pick up Bennett seeing his cute little face made my wishes of Mexico go away!  They came back every now and then when he pitched a fit, but that is ok!  Thank you again Pop Pop for giving us a full day to ourselves we appreciate it so much and we know Bennett had the best time like he always does!





No comments:

Post a Comment