Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mommy's Helper

Yesterday I took Bennett grocery shopping with me and luckily we were able to use a shopping cart with a car attached to it, so he was entertained and happy throughout my entire trip.  When we got home I needed to keep him occupied so I could unload everything so I asked him to help me bring in the paper towels and he quickly ran over!  It was so cute as soon as I said "can you help me" he was all about it. He picked up the paper towels (which was a large pack) and it took him a good 5 minutes to get them from the garage door to the kitchen.  In the meantime I was able to get my groceries put away.  He made a few manly grunts while he tried to pick them up and then he tried to climb on top of them so he enjoyed "helping" mommy out!

Taking a little break from the heavy lifting
 
Back to work

Bringing them to mommy

Today I tried this again.  I forgot a few things at the store yesterday so I had to run back out this afternoon and when we got home Bennett did not want to come inside he wanted to go outside to play.  In order to  keep a tantrum from happening I asked him if he would help mommy and he ran right over!  I gave him some cheese to carry in and he gladly handled it for me.  Then I asked him to throw away some trash and he did!  I am loving this!!!  My child is enjoying himself while helping me and I can get a few things done...win win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment