Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Actually is was more like an entire weekend.  On Friday night we had our babysitter come over so Jeremy and I could go out alone and have a nice night away.  We had a great time and were able to fit in some time for me to go shopping.  That was Jeremy's gift to me.  I am trying to rebuild my wardrobe after having babies so I told him all I wanted was to go get a few more things.  I think shopping is my favorite kind of gift :)

Saturday the boys gave me their gifts early.  Bennett got me a professional blender so I can make our green smoothies even better.  I think he was more excited about using it for the first time then I was!  The rest of the day Saturday we spent most of the day out together.  On actual Mother's Day we went to church, then Jeremy cooked us all lunch when we got home.  I usually do my grocery shopping on Sundays and Jeremy offered to go for me!  I stayed home and relaxed while the boys napped and Jeremy did the shopping for me.  Then once the boys were in bed for the night Jeremy grilled steaks for us and we enjoyed a quiet dinner alone.  It was such a nice weekend and I loved every second of it!


Me with my babies!

My little cuties!

I am so thankful to have two healthy boys that have allowed me to be a Mom so I can celebrate Mother's Day.  I used to hate Mother's Day.  The last time I celebrated Mother's Day with my own mom was in 1990.  I used to dread the day because it was a reminder of what was missing in my life.  I miss my mom every day but Mother's Day is even that much harder that she isn't here but Bennett and Walker have definitely healed part of my heart and brought me so much joy that I am able to enjoy the day.  I think that is why I now love Mother's Day so much.  I am very lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving husband who goes all out to show his appreciation and two sweet boys who make me feel so loved.  I am very lucky and blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment