Wednesday, May 15, 2013

End of the Year Party!

Friday is Bennett's last day of school.  On Tuesday his teachers had the class party to celebrate the year.  They asked all the parents to bring in lunch and blankets for the kids so we could have a picnic lunch outside.  Before we headed outside for lunch Bennett's teachers had put together a video with pictures of all the kids from the first day of school till now.  It had pictures of activities they did, parties, and just them playing in class.  It was so sweet and thoughtful of them to put something like that together for us to see.

After the video we went outside to eat and Bennett's teacher came over with their gift to the parents and kids. They made a personalized book for each child in the class and also gave them a Curious George book.  On the front of the personalized book is a picture of Bennett with his teachers and on the inside there is hand print or foot print artwork done for each month and it is done with the theme for that month along with a bible verse.  On another page is a collage of pictures of all of the kids and in the back is a CD with the kids favorite songs they listened to in class.  It made me tear up while I looked through the book and seeing how much the teachers really love all of the kids.  I honestly could go on and on about how much I love his teachers.  I am so sad this school year is over and I wish Bennett could stay with these teachers forever!

His teachers had bubbles, side walk chalk, and popsicles so after we ate all of the kids just ran around and played with each other.  It was a very fun way to end the school year.

Bennett and Kennedy having lunch together

Bennett with his bubbles

Hanging out with popsicles

Taking a little break in the shade

My precious boy!

Best friends!  I love these two!

Running and more running!

I still can't believe school is over and summer is here!  I will miss our routine of going to school 3 days a week, but it will be nice to slow down a bit.  I am thankful that Bennett had such an amazing year and I hope next year is just as good if not better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment