Monday, April 23, 2012

So Far So Good!

We had a successful first night in the big boy bed!  We did not hear one sound from Bennett all night.  He woke up a little bit earlier then normal this morning but not by much.  When I went in to get him I found one very happy and proud little boy.  He was excited to wake up in his big boy bed!!

So Happy!

You know he had a good night of sleep with that bed head!

Today we had a very busy morning.  He had sports class, a play date with his friend Kennedy, lunch with friends, then we ran a few errands.  I was hoping to wear him out so he would be ready for a nap because I was worried his nap wouldn't go well, but we kept talking about it and he told me he wanted to sleep in his new bed.  When we got home he got in bed, laid down, and said "Night Night Mommy".  I was shocked!  I texted Jeremy that there is no way it can be this easy!!  He only slept for and hour and a half which is a bit on the short side for him and when I went in to get him he wasn't in bed, he was sitting on the floor.  I had to remind him of the rules that he can't get out of bed until Mommy comes in to get him.  Other then that his nap went better then I had expected.

Tonight he went down for bed easy again.  We did our normal routine and I laid with him for a few minutes.  He didn't want me to leave but he only cried for two minutes after I left and is already sleeping.  

Reading George with Daddy

Excited to be in his bed!

I am hoping for another good night of sleep, but who knows!  I am sure we are going to have a rough night at some point, but so far the transition is going really well!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment