Wednesday, June 13, 2012

2.5 years old and the beginning of the terrible twos!

Bennett is now officially 2.5.  He had his well check with the pediatrician yesterday and that was loads of fun...sense my sarcasm!?  Bennett hates going to the doctor and yesterday he didn't get one shot they literally just looked him over, weighed and measured him and you would have thought from his screaming that he was having his toenails ripped out one by one.  He had a death grip on me that was pretty impressive!  He is a strong little guy and it took me and the doctor to unclench his little hands from me.  Bennett is growing on track and is doing great developmentally so all that was good despite the drama.  He weighed in at 32.4 lbs and is 70% for weight his height is 75% but I don't know his actual height. I didn't get that stat because I had a clinging toddler attached to me screaming at a pitch only dogs could make out so I will have to find that out.

Now the terrible twos are knocking loudly on our door just in time for the baby to arrive!!  Bennett has always been fairly mild mannered.  Don't get me wrong he acts out, throws tantrums, and disobeys but for the most part he has been pretty easy to correct and discipline.  That is until this past weekend.  I am serious he turned 2.5 and my sweet little 2 year old turned into a mischievous and defiant little bugger!  He LOVES Patty I mean adores her but poor Patty has become the brunt of his aggression.  I sound like a broken record every day saying "Be Gentle!" or "We don't lay on the dog" etc.  Bennett also likes to think he can get out of timeout when he wants to get out so that has been a big lesson for him and his timeouts start over again when he does get out, so he has been spending a good bit of time there this week.  I will ask him to do something and I love it when his response is "No, sorry Mama", or he drops something or wants something so I tell him where it is and he says "No Mommy you get it" um excuse me!?  Did my 2 year old really just say that to me!?  Luckily the attitude is coming back down to a more manageable level the past couple of days and we will continue to work on it but I think we are in for a whole new world!

Here are some pictures of the rambunctious little cutie!

Making his fish face

So darn cute!  It is hard to stay mad at this face.

Sitting with Patty because he had to tell her he was sorry.  He said sorry then sang her the ABCs :)

Even though Bennett has a new found sass he still has his sweet side.  He loves reading his Big Brother book and asks to read it almost every day.  We talk about his brother a lot and he is really sweet about it.  He is also very clingy to me lately and I am assuming it is because he knows big changes are coming our way.  I am sure the transition with a new baby won't be easy but I doubt anyone has it easy when they bring a new baby into the family so we will figure all of it out as we go.  Speaking of the baby he has finally turned head down!!!!!!  I went to the doctor yesterday and I felt like he might be head down but at times felt like he was transverse again.  She thought he was head down too but was a bit confused by his position so she pulled in the ultrasound machine really quick so we could take a peek and sure enough he is head down.  He still has enough room to move his legs and the rest of his body around so he is still all over the place which is why I thought at times he was still transverse.  She said soon he will run out of room and will be staying put a bit more but that since he is head down now that he should be there to stay.  I am so relieved to know he has finally moved.  Now we just need to finish getting ready for his arrival and soon enough he will be here!  I cannot wait!!!!

Bennett's sweet little hand on my belly.  He was watching a show on my iPad and just rested his hand on my belly.  The tantrums are worth it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment