Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bennett is so excited...

Because he is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!  We are due with Baby #2 in July and couldn't be more excited to welcome a new addition into our family!

Excited to be a big brother! 

I decided to take a pregnancy test on a random Tuesday so I was home alone and to be honest expecting it to be negative. I was shocked to see a positive come back immediately.  I wanted to call Jeremy at work and tell him but thought it would be much more fun to wait until he got home.  When Bennett got up from his nap I put him in a Big Brother shirt that my sister handed down to us from Ryan, so I was lucky to have something to put him in.  When Jeremy walked in the door he didn't notice Bennett's shirt so I told him to take a look at what Bennett had on and he was shocked and thrilled!  It was so fun to see his reaction!

This pregnancy has been different then my pregnancy with Bennett but unfortunately the one common thread is morning sickness or in my case 24/7 sickness.  I was much more sick with Bennett then this one, but I have still been pretty sick this time.  Zofran is my best friend these days.  I have been feeling much better the past couple of weeks but every morning is still a little touch and go.  I really can't wait to stop feeling nauseous and get some energy back.  I have to say the main reason I have gotten through my first trimester is because of Jeremy.  He has literally done anything I have needed him to do.  He has picked up any food craving I have no matter how random or how far away the restaurant might be!  He has also done laundry, cleaned, grocery shopped, entertained our rambunctious 2 year old, you name it he has done it.  For weeks I just felt too sick to do much of anything and he really took over and made my life much easier so I could just be miserable on the couch.  I know it can't be fun for him to be around a sick person 24/7 but I think he knows how terrible I felt so luckily he didn't mind.  I am slowly returning to the land of the living and feeling like a normal person again and just hope it continues to get better.  

We find out in March if we are having a boy or a girl and we can't wait to find out.  I really don't have a preference just want to make sure everything is healthy with the baby and to me it is a win win.  Either we have another sweet boy and Bennett gets a brother or we have a little girl and get to have one of each!  So far most everyone is guessing this little one is a girl so we will see in March who is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment